Wednesday 5 June 2013

Viaduct over Scandal Beck, Cumbria

Three shots to five photos; the first three of this sequence are all different treatments of the same shot. The other two are just further pictures of the same viaduct near to Newbiggin-on-Lune.

This is as it came out of the camera:

In this version I have corrected the perspective to stop the viaduct falling out of the picture, I have also applied tone mapping which has lightened up the insides of the arches (probably too much):


For this one I went back to the original and re-did the perspective correction and flipped it (still searching for left handed pictures!). Next I selectively lightened the inside of the arches, darkened the sky and increased the contrast around the brook, then converted to monochrome with Nik Silver Efex and sharpened it a bit:

For the last two I just tottered down the valley a little further:

A little treatment to this one to try to bring out the sky and the distant hills - the sun wasn't helping me with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment