Friday 12 September 2014

Macro Fuchsias and a mystery

I went into the garden to try to practise the art of Macro photography on some wildlife this morning.  I drew a blank on insects, so I thought that I'd try some flowers.  The fuchsia flower has always fascinated me, so I thought I'd give them a whirl and promptly discovered why people resort to cut specimens when playing the macro card - the wind was blowing them all over the place and when I found a bloom that I liked, the background was awful, so I cut them and set them up indoors away from wind and with a dark background for plenty of contrast with the flowers.  By way of variety I chose a pale pink flower from the garden whose species is unknown to me - I don't even know whether it is a weed or a cultivated plant. Whatever, it looked suitable for my purpose.  Any identification gratefully received!  I won't be printing these in a hurry - I'd need to take out an ink mortgage for the background!






1 comment: