Thursday 2 August 2018

CCC visits the Cambridge University Sidgwick Site

A small group of us from Cambridge Camera Club spent an hour and a half exploring the architecture of the Sidgwick Site where several Cambridge University faculties and Departments are housed. We then moved on to the Backs to catch Kings in the evening light.

First, a couple of shots for my friends who love concrete!



I can't resist a closed rectangle! According to the University Map, this is the Raised Faculty Building; not a very inspiring name I thought;


I took along my fisheye lens as I no longer have a 'normal' wide angle lens.  Most of the time I have corrected the fisheye distortion, but sometimes I like the distortion.  This is "Antony Gormley Confronting History"



This is the History Faculty Building which was also taken with the fisheye lens and then I removed the distortion in post processing (though the sky is still somewhat surreal)


The Norman Foster designed Law Building is a great piece of design, though we were told that it's not so clever to work in it. Either very hot or very cold and every sound carries through the entire building!




The School of Divinity and its context behind the History Faculty




"Divinity in a Spin" - a spot of intentional camera movement for effect.  Thank you Charles for your inspiration!


Finally some classic 'Kings in the gloaming' shots.  Although its been done zillions of times and by much better photographers than me, it never fails to inspire







No comments:

Post a Comment