Monday 1 June 2009

Learning with Lumix

Having carelessly let my much loved Nikon 995 slip into the river Orwell a couple of weeks ago, I have acquired a Panasonic Lumix G1 for those occasions when the prospect of the weight of the D2x around my neck is less than appealing. I found a dealer who was offering a special price for the camera with its stock lens (14-45) and the telephoto lens (45-200) and the temptation got the better of me. In case anybody is unfamiliar with this camera, it is a Micro Four Thirds camera which behaves very much like an SLR, but has no mirror or prism - the viewfinder is completely electronic and is a projection of the image on the sensor; the sensor is 18mm x 13.5mm (aspect ratio 4 x 3, thence 4/3rds) which is larger than most compacts, though smaller than most SLRs. I have spent the past three days getting to know how this camera works. These are some of the results.













































2 comments: