Monday 9 December 2013

Anglesey Abbey under Lights

Every year around now Anglesey Abbey light the gardens and open them to the public in the evening.  This year Tom & Emily invited us to join them and naturally I took my camera along to see what I could get!

First, a few of Joshua waiting his turn in the queue:






The showpiece at Anglesey Abbey is their collection of Himalayan Silver birches.  These were lit with different colours on each tree and the colours were continually changing





Some magic mushrooms:


And then the poplars, but what are those trees in the middle - I thought that they were all poplars, but there seem to be some aliens there? The eternal question, colour or mono?



And the bridge over the mill-stream:


A hollow stump and a view across the lawn:




The house was floodlit in blue, but I think that I prefer it in monochrome:





Finally, in the parkland there were performers wearing glowing costumes and twirling light-sticks in the stygian gloom:






1 comment:

  1. Amazing the sense of 3D given by the red and blue lights together

    ReplyDelete