Tuesday 24 February 2015

London Velodrome

I visited the London Velodrome in the Olympic Park for the first time on Monday.  It has long been one of the place that I wanted to take photographs and a work colleague invited me to join him there when he was being assessed for a licence to take part in track racing.  Each rider has to go through quite rigorous training and assessment before they are let loose on the boards in anger.  This means that the riders that I shot were not competing, but it enabled me to assess where to get the best shots. I also practiced a spot of pan & blur with long shutter speeds - this seemed to be most effective on the guy with the four-spoke front wheel which gives a very pleasing effect with the long shutter speed whereas the conventional spokes just disappear!  I now need to go back when there is real competition in progress













1 comment:

  1. Action and lovely blue palettes very attarctive pictures Chris.

    ReplyDelete