Saturday 28 March 2015

2 days in North Norfolk - birds & a beach

I spent Tuesday and Wednesday based in Blakeney with Mike Harris and Barry and Sue Badcock. we spent our days walking through the marshes looking for shots of birds for which I'd have been better equipped if I hadn't left my 300mm lens at home, so anything I managed was with my 70-200 with a 1.4x converter. Here are a selection of little egrets, redshank, Brent geese and a black-headed gull. We also made an early morning foray onto Sheringham beach where I hoped to get some interesting shots using my 10 stop neutral density filter - you won't find any of those shots below so you may judge my success!  Luckily I also had my infra red camera with me and you will find a couple of shots from that here - I was particularly surprised by the infra red shot of the seaweed on the groyne with (I'm told) a turnstone watching me.













3 comments:

  1. Particularly like the atmospheric Monochromes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would expect no less but I am going to suggest it was a Turnstone on the groyne - like the image very much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ann! I did express some doubt and I bow to your greater wisdom. I was surprised just how much IR was reflected by the seaweed

    ReplyDelete