Thursday 11 June 2015

Goldfinches

As usual I risk my life by identifying birds!  This pair came to feed outside my open French window whilst I was having supper - I took shots between mouthfuls (mine!) They took it in turns to eat niger seeds from the bird feeder whilst the other either kept watch from a branch just above, or scavenged in the bed below.  I prefer the shots without the feeder in view, but what do you think?

I noticed  a green colour cast on the first shot and wonder whether this was because of the low sun lighting the bird through the leaves of the silver birch in which they were sitting.  I therefore rebalanced the colour using the white behind the  eye as the reference, But, experts, is it really white? Am I exchanging one cast for another? Comments please!





















No comments:

Post a Comment