Sunday 7 June 2015

Little Downham Horse Trials

On Friday a group of us from Cambridge Camera Club went to the Horse Trials at Little Downham.  Though the weather forecast was dire, we managed to dodge the showers and had a good day with our cameras.  I took two cameras, my Nikon D4 with my trusty 70-200mm f2.8 which accounts for the first 12 of the images and my new Olympus OM-D E-M1 with a 75-300 mm lens which equates to a full frame 150-600 - I was keen to discover if I could use it at 300mm hand held.  I am happy with the results - I'd be interested to hear what my photophilic friends think!













Olympus pics start here - the first 3 are at between 250 and 300mm 




Preparing for an involuntary dismount - the only fall we saw all day - neither rider nor horse was hurt, though I think that the rider's dignity was bruised!  She had lost her stirrups at the previous fence (in the background) and had no time to regain them before take-off over the narrow boat (a fence used in the Olympics 3-Day Event in 2012)




No comments:

Post a Comment